Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vinz

Thread: Facebook Using So much Space, How and Why

Facebook Using So much Space, How and Why

When i took a look at the memory usage then I was amused to look that facebook app which is less that 20 mb to download is taking almost 400 mb of my iphone's space. As you can see in the screenshot below

Is it just me or is it common?
    jamesdoc likes this.

• Advertising
      Register
      For Less
      Advertisements

This is common. It's caching like an a** load of data that's pretty much useless, and worse now more than it was on iOS 4. I have 2.3 gigs of "Other" on my phone as iTunes shows me. Even thou know that not exactly what you talking about. That data from which you see in the settings> usage is stored in "Other" and it bothers me also.

I have found guides to get rid of it but all of them apt to people that have "Sync Music" checked in iTunes. Who does that? ..........

Just kidding, pretty sure most people do that.lol. But I don't, and don't intend on it really.

I wish I could find a "working" guide, I cease to find one. I have tried 3 different guides. 2 just didn't work at all and one (the sync music relayed one that requires you to remove iTunes_Control files) just fu**** my iPod music player in my phone, and would t play any music.

Wish I could find a way just get rid of it. I know I don't need it. I always clear as much cached data as I can through CUC through Terminal but it only cleans so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~32GB iPhone 4 (CDMA) - iOS 5.1.1 - Absinthe 2.0~~~~~~~8GB iPod Touch 4G - iOS 5.0.1 - Redsn0w 0.9.11b4~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If your looking to recover some space or just clean some rubbish then there is a new application called icleaner on the bigbossrepo. i'm using it as of yesterday.
    I was using cuc iscript but got rid of it as soon as i found this one on the repo. You need to have "root" access to run it. There is a lot of other clearing out you can do with it but personally i just stick to the basic cleaning as it does the job.

•